[comp.sys.apple] anonymous ftp 35.1.1.43

yun@tybalt.caltech.edu (Yun-Fong Loh) (12/31/88)

Has anyone tried using the ftp site at 35.1.1.43 (at U of Mich?)
this last week?  I keep getting a "Service not available" ( :-( )
before it disconnects me.  When would it be available?

BTW, can anyone give me a list of anon ftp sites?  I'm not having
much luck figuring it out by myself :-).

Thanx a lot,
Yun

BITNET:  yun@CITROMEO             | Disclaimer:  I don't disclaim what I
  UUCP:  yun@tybalt.caltech.edu   | o^o   _   %  didn't claim unless you

aash@ms.uky.edu (aashi deacon) (01/01/89)

In article <9000@cit-vax.Caltech.Edu> yun@tybalt.caltech.edu.UUCP (Yun-Fong Loh) writes:
>Has anyone tried using the ftp site at 35.1.1.43 (at U of Mich?)
>this last week?  I keep getting a "Service not available" ( :-( )
>before it disconnects me.  When would it be available?

You can try to FTP to 128.163.128.6.  I downloaded a BUNCH
of stuff from that archive (thanks guys!) and will have
it sorted out pretty soon.  I figured that there was a need
out here for a UNIX based archive of apple stuff.  FTPing
to non-UNIX machines and dealing with listservs are often
(to me) a royal pain.  Anyway, when you get there the apple stuff
is in archive/micros/apple.  It's a relatively new archive that
we haven't completely organized yet, but it may prove useful.
Have fun and good luck!

PS:  send me mail with any comments or notes about ambiguities, etc etc

thanks

--
aash
aash@ms.uky.edu

All things are relative.  It just takes a great mind to relate them.

yun@tybalt.caltech.edu (Yun-Fong Loh) (01/04/89)

Thanks to everyone who answered my post.  I really appreciate it.

BITNET:  yun@CITROMEO             | Disclaimer: I claim that my statements are
  UUCP:  yun@tybalt.caltech.edu   | o^o   _   % the product of my imagination