[comp.sys.apple] ImageWriter ribbon source

>Date:         Mon, 2 Jan 89 21:29:12 GMT
>From:         "The Eternal Optimist @ the Infernal Machine"
>              <rosevax!jimo@UUNET.UU.NET>
>Subject:      need information please

>2) does anyone know of a source for multi-strike ribbons for an
>imageweriter2?? i tried ribbons, inc. and had bad luck and haven't
>been able to find anyone here in the Twin Cities. If any of the Apple
>people are listening in, please advise, or anyone for that matter.

I get ImageWriter (I or II, doesn't matter) ribbons from MEI.  $1.67
each in packs of 6.  (These are 36-foot ribbons--I don't know how
this compares to more expensive ribbons...if there's a difference,
it isn't terribly obvious, but then I don't pay a whole lot of
attention to how long my ribbons last.)

MEI also has good deals on 5.25 disks, 3.5 disks, boxes of paper,
floppy disk mailers, mailing labels, and other stuff.

   MEI/Micro Center
   1100 Steelwood Road
   Columbus, OH 43212-3972

   1-800-634-3478

Disclaimer:  I have no connection with MEI except that I order stuff
from them somewhat regularly.

--David A. Lyons              bitnet: awcttypa@uiamvs
  DAL Systems                 CompuServe:  72177,3233
  P.O. Box 287                GEnie mail:    D.LYONS2
  North Liberty, IA 52317     AppleLinkPE: Dave Lyons

dr@skivs.UUCP (David Robins) (01/06/89)

In article <8901031722.aa08390@SMOKE.BRL.MIL> AWCTTYPA@UIAMVS.BITNET ("David A. Lyons") writes:

>>2) does anyone know of a source for multi-strike ribbons for an
				      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>imageweriter2?? i tried ribbons, inc. and had bad luck and haven't
>>been able to find anyone here in the Twin Cities. If any of the Apple
>>people are listening in, please advise, or anyone for that matter.
>
>I get ImageWriter (I or II, doesn't matter) ribbons from MEI.  $1.67
>each in packs of 6.  (These are 36-foot ribbons--I don't know how
>this compares to more expensive ribbons...if there's a difference,

Multistrike ribbons usually refers to carbon film ribbons, separated
into single strike and multistrike versions.  Few dot-matrix printers
are set up for them.  Fabric inked ribbons are "multistrike", but they are
not multistrike film ribbons.  I assume the question was about film
ribbons.

The MEI ribbons are standard FABRIC inked ribbons.
--
David Robins, M.D.  (ophthalmologist / electronics engineer)
The Smith-Kettlewell Institute of Visual Science,  ***  net:  uunet!skivs!dr