[comp.sys.apple] Info-Mac

SEWALL@UCONNVM.BITNET (01/13/88)

 STEIN@UCONNVM Writes:
>1)  Is there an "Info-Mac" group anywhere on Bitnet?

     info-mac@Sumex-aim.Stanford.EDU
 for infomatiion, contact: info-mac-request@Sumex-aim.Stanford.EDU

  There are several bitnet peers (LISTSERVs distributing info-mac).
  The nearest (netnode-wise) to UCONNVM appears to be at OREGON1

  TELL LISTSERV AT OREGON1 SUBSCRIBE INFO-MAC your_names

>2)  Where is Kermsrv located?  Is that the best place now to get Kermit
>    updates?

  KERMSRV@CUVMA

  TELL KERMSRV AT CUVMA DIR AP2*.*

The last time I checked, the latest KERMIT at KERMSRV was 3.79.  APPLE2-L
has been running a version or two ahead of KERMSRV (which doesn't post
EVERY update, but is the "official supported" version -- what you get
from APPLE2-L is beta-test <maybe delta-test?>).

---------------------
ARPA:   sewall%uconnvm.bitnet@cunyvm.cuny.edu       Murphy A. Sewall
BITNET: SEWALL@UCONNVM                          School of Business Admin.
UUCP:   ...ihnp4!psuvax1!UCONNVM.BITNET!SEWALL  University of Connecticut

SEWALL@UCONNVM.BITNET (03/20/88)

 Pascale@OFFICE-1.arpa writes:
>I am looking for information concerning the possibility of there being
>a special interest group for the Macintosh and MAC-ll and in particular
>as they relate to desktop publishing. If someone would be kind enough to either
>send me the information directly to   Pascale at OFFICE-1 or post it on this
>board I would be very appreciative.

Indeed, there is an info-mac (and an info-mac-request) at the following
arpa address: info-mac@sumex-aim.Stanford.EDU

Info-mac also is redistributed to bitnet subscribers by LISTSERVs at:
FINHUTC, CANADA01, RICE, and OREGON1.  Bitnet users who want to
receive info-mac should send a SUBscribe INFO-MAC 1st_name last_name
to LISTSERV@nearest of the above nodes (if you guess wrong, the
LISTSERV you send the request to will forward to the correct one).

(The source of this information is the file LISTSERV GROUPS which
can be obtained from NICSERVE@BITNIC with the commmand:
GET LISTSERV GROUPS

The file lists <nearly> all lists that are available from bitnet
LISTSERVers <an exception is APPLE2-L, I don't know why it's missing>)

---------------------
Disclaimer: I like my opinions better than my employer's anyway...

ARPA:   sewall%uconnvm.bitnet@mitvma.mit.edu       Murphy A. Sewall
BITNET: SEWALL@UCONNVM                          School of Business Admin.
UUCP:   ...ihnp4!psuvax1!UCONNVM.BITNET!SEWALL  University of Connecticut

gviernes@DCA-PAC.ARPA ("Glenn P. Viernes ", BBNCC) (01/05/89)

Can someone out there give me the address to Macintosh bbs?
No flames please, I'm just an Apple //e guy with other interests.

Thanks

And yes the sun's shining and the ocean's warm.

>Can someone out there give me the address to Macintosh bbs?

info-mac@sumex-aim.stanford.edu

Murph Sewall     Sewall@UCONNVM.BITNET
Business School  sewall%uconnvm.bitnet@mitvma.mit.edu          [INTERNET]
U of Connecticut {rutgers psuvax1 ucbvax & in Europe - mcvax}
                 !UCONNVM.BITNET!SEWALL                        [UUCP]

-+- My employer isn't responsible for my mistakes AND vice-versa!

According to the American Facsimile Association, more than half the calls
from Japan to the U.S. are fax calls.