[comp.sys.apple] GEnie--what's the problem?

>Date:         Wed, 28 Dec 88 04:19:00 GMT
>From:         arisia!cdp!sklein@LLL-WINKEN.LLNL.GO
>Subject:      Re: GEnie -- a CP/M resource
>
>As long as somebody is going to give GEnie an endorsement, I'm going
>to give an anti-Endorsement.
>
>I'm to tired to go into details now, but the August issue of MicroTimes,
>self-described as "California's Computer Magazine," contains a column
>by Brock Meeks describing my unpleasant relationship with GE/GEnie.
>Suffice it to say I think GE brings bad things to life.
>
>-Shabtai Klein
>| There is more to life than | UUCP:      uunet!pyramid!cdp!sklein   \
>| increasing its speed.      | Internet:  cdp!sklein@arisia.xerox.com |
>|                            | BitNet:    cdp!sklein%labrea@stanford  |
>|       --Mohandis K Gandhi  | PhoneNet:  (301) 270-2250              |
> \___________________________________________________________________/

Since probably not a lot of people have a copy of that issue of
MicroTimes really handy [I can't remember even hearing that name
before], I think it would be appropriate if you gave us some idea
what the difficulty is.  I've had good experiences with the Apple II
sections of GEnie [although I wish they had a node in Iowa City], and
I don't think it's reasonable to expect anybody to change their
opinion of GEnie or GE just becuase you have some mysterious
disagreement with them.

I don't want that to sound nasty or anything, but if you have a
legitimate complaint we deserve to hear about it, not just to hear
that it exists!

--David A. Lyons              bitnet: awcttypa@uiamvs
  DAL Systems                 CompuServe:  72177,3233
  P.O. Box 287                GEnie mail:    D.LYONS2
  North Liberty, IA 52317     AppleLinkPE: Dave Lyons