[comp.sys.apple] ACOS Networking...

robm@pro-gateway.cts.com (Rob Matzker) (01/11/89)

JSAKER@UNOMA1.BITNET writes:

> I'm working on a communications (networking) mod for GBBS and need some
> help on it...  I can handle the basics  (more or less, I know how the
> program is doing what it is) but need some help with the mod.

>     Has anyone heard of a similar mod for GBBS?

        Well, the last time I checked, Parik Rao (author of ProTALK BBS) was
attempting to write a networking feature for ACOS.  He was testing it up in
Canada.  It seems as though he was making SOME breakthrough on the idea,
however, I never heard anymore from him.

>  (It's about time Apple systems had networking!!!!)

        What do you mean, "it's about time!"  Apples have been networking for
some time now... At least, Apples that are running ProLine by Morgan Davis
(crash!pro-sol.cts.com!mdavis@nosc.mil)..  Good luck with your project,
however..

                                      -Rob Matzker

>  Thanks.
> |     _                                |                              |
> | ___/_\___       James R. Saker Jr.   |  Bitnet:                     |
> ||   / \   |                           |   JSAKER@UNOMA1              |
> ||___\_/___|       Communications/     |  Internet:                   |
> |     |            Journalism Major    |                              |
> |    |||           Univ. Nebr. Omaha   |                              |
> |   / | \                              |  U.S. Mail                   |
> |  /  |  \         Photojournalist     |   728 S. 153rd Circle        |
> | /   |   \       Daily Nongpareil (IA)|   Omaha NE  68154            |

UUCP: crash!pro-gateway!robm     ||  ARPA: crash!pro-gateway!robm@nosc.mil
INET: robm@pro-gateway.cts.com   ||  ProLine: robm@pro-gateway
CIS : 74016,437                  ||  PC Pursuit: MOSLO 3/12/24
Pro-Gateway: (314) 576-6160      ||  300/1200/2400 baud, 24 hrs