[comp.sys.apple] Obtaining BLU

Tabakal@UB.CC.UMICH.EDU (01/16/89)

> >  Your problem with Z-Link lies not with the file, but because you seem
> >  to have missed a step.  There is a program that is called BLU and it
> >  is available on the Apple2-L List (Listserv@Brownvm.bitnet).  This
> >  program will be the key to your problem.  Most of the time, when a
>
> Alas, 'anyhost.ti.com' is NOT directly connected to the Internet so
> LISTSERV@BROWNVM can't respond.  BLU should be available by 'ftp'
> (being on BITNET where we don't have 'ftp' I've lost track of the
> instructions, but Paul Nakada <nakada@husc4.Harvard.edu> or Todd Bakal
> <TABakal@ub.cc.UMich.Edu> should be able to help with directions).
>
> Murph Sewall                       Vaporware? ---> [Gary Larson returns 1/1/90]
> Prof. of Marketing     Sewall@UConnVM.BITNET
> Business School        sewall%uconnvm.bitnet@mitvma.mit.edu          [INTERNET]
> U of Connecticut       {psuvax1 or mcvax }!UCONNVM.BITNET!SEWALL     [UUCP]

Picking up the ball (nice jump shot, Murph), it's pretty easy to obtain
BLU.  From any internet site FTP 35.1.1.43 (U of Michigan).  Login in
as anonymous and your password should be user@host (for stats).
               CD PC5:    <-- note colon on end!
               GET UT.BLU.228
               {More get commands}
               {like GET !INDEX}

Note: FTP *usually* (> 2/3) works fine with us.  Sometimes, it won't connect
the first time, but the problem is usually cleared up quickly.  If you have
a problem, send a message to Tabakal@ub.cc.umich.edu.

     Todd A. Bakal                        Cubs Magic Number: 163, tied for #1
     U of M Apple User's Group
     Ann Arbor, Michigan
     ARPA: Tabakal@ub.cc.umich.edu        BITnet: Tabakal@UMICHUB

aash@ms.uky.edu (aashi deacon) (01/17/89)

In article <2398925@ub.cc.umich.edu> Tabakal@UB.CC.UMICH.EDU writes:

>Picking up the ball (nice jump shot, Murph), it's pretty easy to obtain
>BLU.  From any internet site FTP 35.1.1.43 (U of Michigan).  Login in
>as anonymous and your password should be user@host (for stats).
>
>Note: FTP *usually* (> 2/3) works fine with us.  Sometimes, it won't connect
>the first time, but the problem is usually cleared up quickly.  If you have
>a problem, send a message to Tabakal@ub.cc.umich.edu.

If you would prefer to FTP to a Unix machine you can try
our site here at f.ms.uky.edu (128.163.128.6).  There is
alot of apple stuff in /pub/appleII, including BLU.

Side Note for the newly organized archive:

Does anyone object to tar files?  shar files?  zoo files?
Name your favorite archive format and send me email!

thanks
--
aash
aash@ms.uky.edu  (archive at 128.163.128.6)