[comp.sys.apple] Bad news for the ][?\

davidbrierley@LYNX.NORTHEASTERN.EDU (01/13/89)

     The current issue of "A+" magazine reports that Del Yocam, whom the
magazine calls one of the few major proponents of the II line, is
leaving Apple.  The issue also reports that Apple Education, formerly
a seperate division ("A+" says it is the only Apple group that actively
pursues the II line) is being "demoted" to a subdivision of Appple USA.

     I wonder what this means for the II line?

                                                   David R. Brierley

Internet: davidbrierley@lynx.northeastern.edu

keith@Apple.COM (Keith Rollin) (01/17/89)

>     The current issue of "A+" magazine reports that Del Yocam, whom the
>magazine calls one of the few major proponents of the II line, is
>leaving Apple.  The issue also reports that Apple Education, formerly
>a seperate division ("A+" says it is the only Apple group that actively
>pursues the II line) is being "demoted" to a subdivision of Appple USA.
>
>     I wonder what this means for the II line?

I think this really means that A+ didn't get it quite right.

Apple Education is not being demoted to a subdivision of Apple USA. Rather, it
used to be headed by Del Yocam, who was also the President of Apple Pacific
(the Oriental counterpart of Apple USA). Now, it is being presided by Allan
Loren, who also happens to be the President of Apple USA.

INTERNET: keith@apple.com
  BITNET: keith%apple.com@relay.cs.net
      "You can do what you want to me, but leave my computer alone!"

shawn@pnet51.cts.com (Shawn Stanley) (01/18/89)

davidbrierley@LYNX.NORTHEASTERN.EDU writes:
>     The current issue of "A+" magazine reports that Del Yocam, whom the
>magazine calls one of the few major proponents of the II line, is
>leaving Apple.  The issue also reports that Apple Education, formerly
>a seperate division ("A+" says it is the only Apple group that actively
>pursues the II line) is being "demoted" to a subdivision of Appple USA.
>
>     I wonder what this means for the II line?

Open-Apple (November 1988; Vol.4, No.10):

Yocam to give just one more year
   In early October Apple announced that Del Yocam has decided to leave Apple
on his tenth anniversary with the company in November 1989.  During his final
year with Apple, Yocam will continue as president of Apple Pacific.
   The Apple Education group, which Yocam has headed since mid-August is being
moved under the Apple USA division, headed by Allan Z. Loren.  Loren has
created an Apple USA Marketing group, which includes three separate U.S.
marketing organizations-Education, Business, and Channel-as well as Apple's
Marketing Communications group.  David Hancock, previously vice president of
Apple Pacific, has been promoted and appointed to lead this group as senior
vice president of marketing, Apple USA, reporting to Loren.

It doesn't look all that gloomy to me.

UUCP: {rosevax, crash}!orbit!pnet51!shawn
INET: shawn@pnet51.cts.com