[comp.sys.apple] More on SCSI stuff

Tabakal@UB.CC.UMICH.EDU (01/22/89)

Keith Rollin writes:

> >2. Can an Apple 20 MB SCSI hard disk and a CMS 60 MB SCSI hard disk both be
> >serviced from a single SCSI controller card?  If not, why not? If yes, does
> >it matter which brand controller card (Apple's or CMS's)?
> >
> You should be able to if your CMS drive can run off of Apple's SCSI card with
> the Rev C ROM. I don't have any experience with those drives, and can't
> remember is they do.

I've been running a CMS 60 Meg drive off an Apple card since September
AppleFest with no problems whatsoever.  In fact, I like it that way
since it lets me use the Apple partitioning software which may become
much more significant when new FST's show up.

     Todd A. Bakal                        Cubs Magic Number: 163, tied for #1
     U of M Apple User's Group
     Ann Arbor, Michigan
     ARPA: Tabakal@ub.cc.umich.edu        BITnet: Tabakal@UMICHUB