[comp.sys.apple] Mac & TeX

najm@UICSL.CSL.UIUC.EDU (Farid Nasri Najm) (01/19/89)

Is there a way to convert a MacDraw or MacPaint document to a TeX
command file? Please help.

Farid (najm@uicsl.csl.uiuc.edu)

kamath@reed.UUCP (Sean Kamath) (01/24/89)

In article <8901190344.AA10317@uicsl.csl.uiuc.edu> najm@UICSL.CSL.UIUC.EDU (Farid Nasri Najm) writes:
>Is there a way to convert a MacDraw or MacPaint document to a TeX
>command file? Please help.
>
>Farid (najm@uicsl.csl.uiuc.edu)

There is a command in TeX called \special that allows you to enter a "token
list" for direct input to the .dvi file.  In the case of dvi2ps, you can get
postscript directly entered.

I.e.  You do the command-f technique to get postscript output of the
picture, and put that in the file "pic1", say.  Then, in the TeX file,

[blech blech blech]
\special {pic1}
[continue]

I have never tried it however, but that is about the only way to do it from
within TeX.

I like the "make room for the pic in TeX (via a vbox 3cm or whatever) and
run the sheet through the printer a second time to prin the pic from the
Mac" method.  It's a kludge, but it works.

Sean Kamath
--
UUCP:  {decvax allegra ucbcad ucbvax hplabs}!tektronix!reed!kamath
CSNET: reed!kamath@Tektronix.CSNET  ||  BITNET: kamath@reed.BITNET