[comp.sys.apple] Kermit Binary

jsaker@ZEUS.UNL.EDU (Jamie Saker) (01/23/89)

   Will kermit binary transfers work with a standard binary transfer
program?  FOr instance, if I were to run Kermit on my remote site and
set up my communications program to receive binary files, would it
still work out?

|                                          \_____
|   Jamie Saker                                   \
|   JSAKER@UNOMA1 - Bitnet                         \
|   JSaker@zeus.UNL.edu - Internet         Univ Nebr|
|________                                  Omaha -> *\
         |                                            |
         |______________________________________________\

shawn@pnet51.cts.com (Shawn Stanley) (01/25/89)

jsaker@ZEUS.UNL.EDU (Jamie Saker) writes:
>   Will kermit binary transfers work with a standard binary transfer
>program?  FOr instance, if I were to run Kermit on my remote site and
>set up my communications program to receive binary files, would it
>still work out?

There is the Kermit communications program, which uses the Kermit protocol for
transfers.  Some communications also support Kermit protocol transfers.  If
you have another communications program that supports Kermit, then it should
work with the Kermit communications program while transferring using the
Kermit protocol.

I hope that makes sense.

UUCP: {rosevax, crash}!orbit!pnet51!shawn
INET: shawn@pnet51.cts.com