[comp.sys.apple] ShrinkIt Version 0.95

sschneider@pro-exchange.cts.com (The RainForest BBS) (01/26/89)

A short update to an earlier message. Version 0.95 which has just been
released corrects the "launch" problem and several small bugs. Looking to
Version 1.0 as well as his plans for 1.1 (which =WILL= pack subdirectories and
their files) I believe more and more people will find this program useful.

One of the nicer things about it (besides the nice interface and the speed as
well as crunching percentage being better) is it's closer to PKPAK and PKUNPAK
by Phil Katz for MS-DOS (PKARC and PKXARC before the lawsuit) in operation
than the old standard BLU.

Individual files can be plucked from within a SHK (SHRINK) without unpacking
the whole thing as well as adding new files to an existing SHK... by the same
token, it can also pack whole disks as well as a few other goodies. By the
way; it automatically compresses all files going into the pack who's
compressed size will be smaller than the file's real size and decompresses on
the fly. No need to make the decision yourself. To be included in a later
version will be the ability to include a page of information about the SHK
file that will be readable from outside of it.

/steve
system manager

| UUCP: crash!pro-exchange!sschneider                APPLELINK : sschneider |
| ARPA: crash!pro-exchange!sschneider@nosc.mil       COMPU$ERVE: 75166,2544 |
| INET: sschneider@pro-exchange.cts.com              GENIE     : sschneider |
| The RainForest @ 305-434-4927 / PO Box 841422, Pembroke Pines, Fl,  33084 |

demarco@cpsc.ucalgary.ca (Vince Demarco) (01/28/89)

In article <8901261057.AA06511@crash.cts.com>, sschneider@pro-exchange.cts.com (The RainForest BBS) writes:
> A short update to an earlier message. Version 0.95 which has just been
> released corrects the "launch" problem and several small bugs. Looking to
>Version 1.0 as well as his plans for 1.1 (which =WILL= pack subdirectories and

> /steve
> system manager

Steve how about uploading it now????

Vince