[comp.sys.apple] GS Toolbox Ref Update--APDA!

>Date:         Mon, 23 Jan 89 15:13:50 CST
>From:         Brian Greenstone <orcus@PRO-LEP.CTS.COM>
>Subject:      Toolbox Ref Manuals

>I bought the GS ToolBox Ref Manuals about a year ago, and I was
>wondering if there has been an updated version of them since then.  I
>managed to get the release notes for System Disk 3.4 (i think, its
>the one w p16 v1.6), and it mentioned several tool changes and
>additions.  Does anyone know how I can get a list of all of the
>changes of the tools since the printing of the 1st toolbox manuals?

You want the _Apple IIgs Toolbox Reference Update_ from APDA
(1-800-282-APDA), #K2B005.  Eventually I believe the update will be
out in hardback from Addison-Wesley, but probably not very soon.

There is no System Disk 3.4, but I think 3.2 had P16 1.6.  There is
also a System Disk 4.0 containing GS/OS and additional toolbox
improvements.  You can get System Disk 4.0 with release notes from
APDA, and you can also get volumes I and II of the GS/OS Reference
(beta), which you should do if you want to write applications that
take advantage of special features of GS/OS like disk caching for
often-used files.  (Directories will be cached automatically.)

APDA is always the answer...why doesn't everybody just JOIN?  :)

--David A. Lyons              bitnet: awcttypa@uiamvs
  DAL Systems                 CompuServe:  72177,3233
  P.O. Box 287                GEnie mail:    D.LYONS2
  North Liberty, IA 52317     AppleLinkPE: Dave Lyons