[comp.sys.apple] GS/OS future & Certified Developership

>Date: Mon, 30 Jan 89 12:00:27 CST
>From: blochowi%garfield.cs.wisc.edu@cs.wisc.edu

>When did Apple announce the Rsc mgr.? I kinda missed that one, I
>guess.  Also, is there an approximate release date for?

I think it was announced at the last AppleFest, but I've seen Apple
employees saying on AppleLink--PE, GEnie, etc, that "we have
announced that there will be a resource manager," etc.  (I wasn't at
AppleFest, so I missed the actual announcement too.)  No release
date has been announced, as far as I know.

>Lastly, how will it be distributed? (I'm still waiting for a response
>to my application to be a certified developer). Thanks...

I _assume_ it will just be part of the system disk, and that
documentation will be available through APDA.  (Join APDA if you are
a programmer!  1-800-282-APDA.)

You're in a very interesting position if you've applied to be a
Certified Developer but haven't heard anything.  The latest APDAlog
explains how the (free) C.D. program is going away and being
replaced by the not-free Apple Partners and Apple Associates
programs.  It now costs $600/yr, starting when your existing
certification runs out if you're already a certified developer,
to get all the benefits of that program.

Small developers will probably not go for that, getting by with tech
info from APDA and tech support from the online services.  What
they'll be missing is (among other things) hardware discounts and
official e-mail tech support from Apple.

>    Jason

--David A. Lyons              bitnet: awcttypa@uiamvs
  DAL Systems                 CompuServe:  72177,3233
  P.O. Box 287                GEnie mail:    D.LYONS2
  North Liberty, IA 52317     AppleLinkPE: Dave Lyons