[comp.sys.apple] GS/OS bugs?

prw@meccts.MECC.MN.ORG (Paul Wenker) (01/31/89)

In article <8901300136.AA17924@crash.cts.com> pnet01!pro-ascii!pro-lep!orcus@nosc.mil writes:
>.....But of course I had to remove
>GS/OS from my hard drive when it started crashing EVERYTHING that I ran it
>with, especially my own applications.  My advice is to wait for version 4.1
>and see if they fix some bugs before you put it on your HD.  I had to
>completely re-init my HD in order to re-install P16... what a pain in the ass.

This is interesting.  I've been running GS/OS since the alpha version
without problem.  We've released two products with GS/OS without
any complaints from our customers.  I've also used quite a few other
programs without incident.  Maybe I'm just lucky.  If so, I hope it
holds out for a while longer.

Unfortunately, my luck is bound to run out one of these days.  When it
does, I want to know what I'm going to be up against.  So if anybody
runs across a specific bug in GS/OS, please, post it to the
net.  As a developer, I'd like to know about it and hopefully avoid
it.  I'm sure the folks at Apple DTS wouldn't mind knowing about it
also.

-Paul Wenker			prw@meccts.MECC.MN.ORG
-MECC, Technical Services