[comp.sys.apple] Game cheats

gwyn@smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn ) (02/02/89)

In article <113300038@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu> trd10523@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
>1) Any game cheats which someone may have for Wings of Fury. This would not
>only let me cheat (which is nice), but also tell me critical program
>locations like where the data is stored, and maybe the starting address of
>the program so I can follow it better.

This reminded me of something I've been meaning to ask:

Does anyone know more about the GS King's Quest IV debugging facilities
than just how to "zap" around, get memory usage status, and show/set vars?
In particular, how can one get the priorities in effect after a zap, and
what var #s control what?  Also, can the control lines and priorities be
displayed like in the IBM PC version?  Ever since I saw Roberta demo this
in San Jose last November, I've wanted to explore this feature more.

	Gwyn@BRL.MIL

certain@unc.cs.unc.edu (Andrew Certain) (02/04/89)

In article <113300038@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu> trd10523@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
>1) Any game cheats which someone may have for Wings of Fury. This would not
>only let me cheat (which is nice), but also tell me critical program
>locations like where the data is stored, and maybe the starting address of
>the program so I can follow it better.

The main event loop is at $9000 of bank $01 (the alternate bank).  I have
taken apart a lot of this particular program, and could give you more
information if you want it.

Andrew Certain
certain@cs.unc.edu