[comp.sys.apple] Developer status

rdlanctot@instr.okanagan.bc.ca (Ryan Lanctot) (02/02/89)

Question... How does one go about becoming part of APDA. Is it available
to us in the frozen north (Canada)? Will we be subjected to the third
degree? How much is membership and is it worth it? Thanks in advance.

Ryan Lanctot
<RDLANCTOT@instr.okanagan.bc.ca>

keith@Apple.COM (Keith Rollin) (02/04/89)

In article <59*rdlanctot@instr.okanagan.bc.ca> rdlanctot@instr.okanagan.bc.ca (Ryan Lanctot) writes:
>Question... How does one go about becoming part of APDA. Is it available
>to us in the frozen north (Canada)? Will we be subjected to the third
>degree? How much is membership and is it worth it? Thanks in advance.

You can join APDA calling or writing and asking for an application from:

(800) 282-APDA
Apple Computer, Inc.
20525 Mariani Ave
MS: 33G
Cupertino, CA  95014

Membership is:
$20: for US citizens
$25: for Canadian and Mexican
$35: for all other countries (who obviously have more money to burn than we do)

There is no third degree. All you have to do is answer some simple questions
like "What's your name?" and "Where do you live?" and "What kind of computer do
you use?" and the ubiquitous "How did you hear about APDA?". Because APDA
ships internationally, there are also some questions that the US Government
makes us ask, like "Are you going to use this product to make a bomb
that will wipe out the U.S.", but if you lie, I don't think they really check
up on you. It's just so that we can sue you later if you do.  :-)

As for whether it is worth it, I'll leave that up to the others on this net. I
have never availed myself of their services.

INTERNET: keith@apple.com
      "You can do what you want to me, but leave my computer alone!"