[comp.sys.apple] SYSTEM.TOOLS and GS/OS Installer

>Date:         Mon, 6 Feb 89 14:47:16 GMT
>From:         Walters <att!ihlpf!bird@UCBVAX.BERKELEY.EDU>
>Subject:      SYSTEM.TOOLS

>[...] That is the problem. If you try to invoke the INSTALL function
>the program insists that the volume name must be SYSTEM.TOOLS.  [...]
>renamed the volume to SYSTEM.TOOLS, everything worked well.
>Question: Is it the volume name that is wrong or the program?
>
>My concern here is: is there a disk called SYSTEM.TOOLS that has
>radically different files from SYSTEM.TOOLS2?

There's no SYSTEM.TOOLS2; there are only two disks that come with
GS/OS, so you have the only SYSTEM.TOOLS disk there is.  It sounds
like somebody copied the disk in the Finder, so they had to give it
a name that wasn't the same as another disk the Finder was currently
working with.

The Installer itself doesn't care what name you give the disk, but
the _scripts_ the installer follows to install stuff _do_ have the
SYSTEM.TOOLS volume name built into them, unfortunately.

>                Joe Walters att!ihlpf!bird
>                IHP 1F-240 (312) 416-5356

--David A. Lyons              bitnet: awcttypa@uiamvs
  DAL Systems                 CompuServe:  72177,3233
  P.O. Box 287                GEnie mail:    D.LYONS2
  North Liberty, IA 52317     AppleLinkPE: Dave Lyons