[comp.sys.apple] Editor for LARGE filefs

thomas-m@ketch.cis.ohio-state.edu (Malcolm Thomas) (02/07/89)

Does anyone know of a text editor that lets you work with unlimited
sized files (or at least huge ones?)  i.e., a huge download that was
not edited before downloading?.  It doesn't need complex commmands;
insert, delete, line delete should be quite adequate.  I don't "know"
how to write one.

Thanks

thomas-m@cis.ohio-state.edu	| "Start of witty saying...
196 W. 11th Ave, Apt 320	|     ...witty saying...
Columbus, OH 43210		|          ...end of witty saying."
-=-

paul@athertn.Atherton.COM (Paul Sander) (02/08/89)

In article <34042@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu>, thomas-m@ketch.cis.ohio-state.edu (Malcolm Thomas) writes:

> Does anyone know of a text editor that lets you work with unlimited
> sized files (or at least huge ones?)

Please accept my apologies for posting this, as my mailer couldn't resolve
Malcolm's address.

Malcolm, could you email (or post, if there is sufficient interest) the
replies you get to your inquiry?  I also seek such an editor.

I'm told that Applewriter ][ can be patched to edit very large files, but I
doubt the credibility of that statement (after having found a copy of that
collector's item and reading the docs).

Many thanks in advance,

Paul Sander
paul@Atherton.COM
{decwrl,sun,hplabs!hpda,pyramid}!athertn!paul
--
Paul Sander        (408) 734-9822       | Do YOU get nervous when a
paul@Atherton.COM                       | sys{op,adm,prg,engr} says