[comp.sys.apple] HEX 1A = INC / INC A / INA / etc

>Date:         Sat, 21 Jan 89 15:11:14 EST
>From:         Jonathan Graham <pnet01!pro-generic!jgraham@NOSC.MIL>
>Subject:      NOTE

>When refering to the 65C02 instruction that will increment the
>accumulator (identified by HEX $1A) it is NOT called "INC A" or "INC"
>rather "INA" as per the standards described by NCR in their tech note
>on thee 65C02.

Well, who uses the NCR tech note?  I don't have it, as far as I know.
The IIc and IIgs monitors show it as INC when you use the L command
to disassemble, & Merlin accepts it.  ORCA and APW assemblers want
INC A, I think.  Maybe they also accept INA--I haven't tried it.  If
you want to call it INA, that doesn't bother me.

>ARPA: pro-generic.nosc.mil!jgraham         |
>INet: crash!pro-generic!jgraham            |
>UUCP: crash!pro-generic!jgraham            |                              -|-
>Proline: jgraham@pro-generic               |          Jonathan A. Graham   |

--David A. Lyons              bitnet: awcttypa@uiamvs
  DAL Systems                 CompuServe:  72177,3233
  P.O. Box 287                GEnie mail:    D.LYONS2
  North Liberty, IA 52317     AppleLinkPE: Dave Lyons