[comp.sys.apple] A long deluded //c user.

CS656@OUACCVMB.BITNET (02/05/89)

>The //c was another of Jobs' great ideas.  One of the things that
>Woz did right with the Apple II was to make it expandable, not
>replaceable.  The //c was apparently targeted at the sort of yoyos
>for whom Apple user manuals are now written, who would only blow up
>their computer if they could get the cover off.  If growth was a
>factor you would have been better advised to have bought a //e.
I wish you would have told me that sooner. I have a //c and since I
didn't know that I couldn't take the cover off I've added an 800K drive
a meg of memory, and a 5 mghz RocketChip. I suppose I could pitch it but
then how would I get my homework done? I'm taking Advanced Cobol and UNIX/C
this quarter, and after doing all my homework in UltraMacros enhanced
Appleworks it's going to be hard to adjust to full time XEDIT and VI.
Bob Church  CS656@OUACCVMB

tron@wpi.wpi.edu (Richard G Brewer) (02/09/89)

In article <8902042332.aa05508@SMOKE.BRL.MIL> CS656@OUACCVMB.BITNET writes:

>>The //c was another of Jobs' great ideas.  One of the things that
>>Woz did right with the Apple II was to make it expandable, not
>>replaceable.  The //c was apparently targeted at the sort of yoyos
>>for whom Apple user manuals are now written, who would only blow up
>>their computer if they could get the cover off.  If growth was a
>>factor you would have been better advised to have bought a //e.
>I wish you would have told me that sooner. I have a //c and since I
>didn't know that I couldn't take the cover off I've added an 800K drive
>a meg of memory, and a 5 mghz RocketChip. I suppose I could pitch it but
>then how would I get my homework done? I'm taking Advanced Cobol and UNIX/C
>this quarter, and after doing all my homework in UltraMacros enhanced
>Appleworks it's going to be hard to adjust to full time XEDIT and VI.
>Bob Church  CS656@OUACCVMB

YEAH! //C power!

| Richard G. Brewer (TRON)   | Power through	  | rbrewer@wpi.bitnet |
| WPI Box 149		     | better design      |   tron@wpi.wpi.edu |
| 100 Institute Rd.	     | and engineering.   +--------------------+
| Worcester, Ma  01609-2280  +--------------------+ President: 	       |
| (508) 792-3231	     |   VaNDaL's SaCk    | The Apple Guild    |
|                    . . . E N D  O F  L I N E . . . 		       |