[comp.sys.apple] Complaints about APDA pricing

mjohnson@Apple.COM (Mark Johnson) (02/02/89)

There have been many complaints on comp.sys.mac about APDA pricing,
so I decided to take a look myself and I too am a bit perturbed.  I
am the one who edits the Tech Notes and I don't like to see the work
we put out and information we want out for free to be used as a profit
center ($60 for the complete set).  I've voiced my complaints internally,
but one voice cannot do it alone.

If you are upset about APDA pricing, especially things like Tech Notes,
I suggest you let APDA know about it.  Send you complaints, via the
net, to:

                   APDA@APPLELINK.APPLE.COM

and let them know your displeasure.  Thanks for your support.

This message, of course, is not endorsed or acknowledge by my employer.

Mark B. Johnson                                           AppleLink: m.johnson
Developer Technical Support                         domain: mjohnson@Apple.com
Apple Computer, Inc.         UUCP:  {amdahl,decwrl,sun,unisoft}!apple!mjohnson

"You gave your life to become the person you are right now.  Was it worth it?"
                                                         - Richard Bach, _One_

mjohnson@APPLE.COM (Mark Johnson) (02/03/89)

If you tried to respond to Mark's message about sending mail to
APDA@APPLELINK.APPLE.COM and got "host unknown" (from BITNET) send the
message to XB.DAS@Stanford.BITNET with Subject: APDA@APPLELINK
Murph,
 I would appreciate it if you could post the following instructions to
comp.sys.mac and comp.sys.apple.  If you are on BITNET, but not the Internet,
you must use the DASNET gateway at Stanford.  Following are the instructions
on how to do that.  Thanks.

Sending to AppleLink from BITNET

1.    In the TO field, enter the DASNET address:  XB.DAS@STANFORD.BITNET
2.    In the SUBJECT field, enter the AppleLink Address followed by:
@APPLELINK

So it looks like this:
TO: XB.DAS@STANFORD.BITNET
SUBJECT: USER1@APPLELINK

3.    If you type a ! after the address in the subject field, you can
insert comments, but the subject line must be limited to 29 characters.

Example:
SUBJECT: USER1@APPLELINK!Test

Mark

kamath@reed.UUCP (Sean Kamath) (02/08/89)

In article <25133@apple.Apple.COM> mjohnson@Apple.COM (Mark Johnson) writes:

>                   APDA@APPLELINK.APPLE.COM
>			 ^^^^^^^^^

Does this mean we have a path to applelink from here?  It would be nice. . .

Sean Kamath
--
UUCP:  {decvax allegra ucbcad ucbvax hplabs}!tektronix!reed!kamath
CSNET: reed!kamath@Tektronix.CSNET  ||  BITNET: kamath@reed.BITNET

mjohnson@Apple.COM (Mark Johnson) (02/09/89)

In article <11699@reed.UUCP> kamath@reed.UUCP (Sean Kamath) writes:
>In article <25133@apple.Apple.COM> mjohnson@Apple.COM (Mark Johnson) writes:
>>
>>                   APDA@APPLELINK.APPLE.COM
>>			 ^^^^^^^^^
>
>Does this mean we have a path to applelink from here?  It would be nice. . .

Sure does.  If that doesn't work from BITNET, you can use

                 APDA%applelink.apple.com@apple.com

or any other applelink address.  You can send to AppleLink and get messages
back, but no other access is possible of course.