[comp.sys.apple] Color Printers

jgraham@pro-generic.UUCP (Jonathan Graham) (01/22/89)

I have owned an imagewriter // for over two years....I have however only
recently bought a color ribbon for it......I personally have only found TWO
programs that use this capability.....Print Shop (to do cards ect...) and 816
Paint (to print out HiRes/DHR pictures)

However I have also managed to modify Apple works to print in several
colors...In answer to your question....Color printing is useful....but the
support is limited....
ARPA: pro-generic.nosc.mil!jgraham         |
INet: crash!pro-generic!jgraham            |
UUCP: crash!pro-generic!jgraham            |                              -|-
Proline: jgraham@pro-generic               |          Jonathan A. Graham   |

ART100@PSUVM.BITNET (Andy Tefft) (02/09/89)

>I have owned an imagewriter // for over two years....I have however only
>recently bought a color ribbon for it......I personally have only found TWO
>programs that use this capability.....Print Shop (to do cards ect...) and 816
>Paint (to print out HiRes/DHR pictures)
..
>ARPA: pro-generic.nosc.mil!jgraham         |
>INet: crash!pro-generic!jgraham            |
>UUCP: crash!pro-generic!jgraham            |                              -|-
>Proline: jgraham@pro-generic               |          Jonathan A. Graham   |

Don't forget Prince by Baudville. I just got a color ribbon around the first
week in January and a friend had had Prince for quite a while and let me try
it out (he had no color printer). I used it to print out some GIF pics
(DHR, from a //c) but the results were not too hot for most of the pictures.
Also he had an old dos 3.3 (well it was kinda dos 3.3) version, so I had
to first use iigif to convert the pics to DHR, then CONVERT to move to
a dos 3.3 disk, then print. it was kind of a pain, but it worked.

Which version of print shop prints in color? The newest version I'd seen is
from a few years ago, probably before 1986. I haven't been much "into" print
shop.

Andy

winch@hpihoah.HP.COM (Bill Winchester) (02/10/89)

Andy Tefft writes:

>Which version of print shop prints in color? The newest version I'd seen is
>from a few years ago, probably before 1986. I haven't been much "into" print
>shop.

	The GS version of Print Shop prints in color on an Imagewriter II at
	SHR resolution, I believe.

>Andy

	Bill Winchester
	Cupertino, California