From: Dale Brisinda <brisinda@cpsc.ucalgary.ca>
To: bfox@wheaties.ai.mit.edu
Date: 	Thu, 9 Feb 89 12:07:21 EST
Subject: Re: What is source code? (answered)
News-Path: calgary!alberta!ubc-cs!uw-beaver!mit-eddie!bloom-beacon!tut.cis.ohio-state.edu!ucbvax!HUB.UCSB.EDU!bfox%vision

Hi there this is "the bewildered and confused" Dale--well, you got that right
--to some extent. Thanks for the replies on source codes, believe it or not, I
actually do understand what they are now!! Well since I'm in cpsc 213 (Assembly
language)-and I've taken Pascal, and I've programmed in basic before, I do
understand the difference. Since Pascal, and Assembly both need the "source
code" --what I write, to be converted into "object code" --using a compiler,
and therefore allowing the computer to understand the instructions. Whereas
Applesoft Basic does not need any "compiler" because the "sourcecode" is the
same as the "objectcode". Well does this make sence?? I learned it from all of
you--basically summing up all the ideas!! Anyway thanks for the replies!!!

			....No longer bewildered and confused...Dale