[comp.sys.apple] loading INTBASIC in DOS 3.3

>Date:         Wed, 8 Feb 89 22:04:57 GMT
>From:         Dan May <osupyr.mast.ohio-state.edu!dan@TUT.CIS.OHIO-STATE.EDU>
>Subject:      loading integer basic
>
>I would like to know how to load integer basic.  I used to have a
>disk that would load it automatically, but now I don't know where it
>is. I do have the two files integer basic and loader.obj0, but when I
>brun loader.obj0 it does not return me to the system prompt (a
>control- reset will return me to the prompt with integer basic in
>tact). It is on a //c, dos 3.3.  e-mail please.....
>
>            Thanks in advance,
>                Dan May

I think the LOADER.OBJ0 file was intended to be BLOADed and CALLed,
but I don't remember the address.  You might BLOAD it and then check
the address it loaded at by doing this:

  PRINT PEEK(43634) + 256*PEEK(43635)

[43634 is $AA72.]
That should get you the number you need to CALL.  If it says 16384,
then you would CALL 16384.  [_Not_ CALL -16384!  The negative sign
is not part of the syntax.  Using a negative address it just
counting down from the top of memory rather than up from the bottom.
You can add and subtract 65536 to convert between equivalent
negative and positive addresses.  I actually saw a program that put
a little machine language routine at $300 and used CALL-768 to try
to call it.  -768 is $FD00, in ROM.  Amazingly enough, the program
_worked_, but only on some Apple models...not the IIc.]

--David A. Lyons              bitnet: awcttypa@uiamvs
  DAL Systems                 CompuServe:  72177,3233
  P.O. Box 287                GEnie mail:    D.LYONS2
  North Liberty, IA 52317     AppleLinkPE: Dave Lyons

h75@np1.hep.nl (Henk Uijterwaal) (02/10/89)

>>I would like to know how to load integer basic.  I used to have a
>>disk that would load it automatically, but now I don't know where it
>>is.
>
>I think the LOADER.OBJ0 file was intended to be BLOADed and CALLed,
>but I don't remember the address.  You might BLOAD it and then check
>the address it loaded at by doing this:

No, BLOADing a file and followed by a CALL to the first adress is exactly
the same as BRUNning a file.
On my //e this command bloads INTbasic correctly:

 ] BLOAD INTBASIC, A$D000

After you've done that, you can switch to INTbasic with the INT command and
back to applesoft with FP

Henk Uijterwaal