[comp.sys.apple] Apple IIe Disk Editor

ST402281@BROWNVM.BITNET (John Moon) (02/08/89)

Hi Apple folks,
I have a silly question (I hope!): Does there exist an Apple IIe disk
editor for the diskII 5 1/4" drives? I really need one, since we use
IIe's in our lab for data aquisition and I need to pull out a trashed
data set. Any info you could give me would be greatly appreciated. (I
called all the dealers in the area and no one seems to have heard of a
disk editor(!).) Please respond to my bitnet address ST402281@BROWNVM.
Thanks in advance!

John Moon
Box 1843, Department of Physics
Brown Univ.
Providence, RI 02908

daveharv@pro-novapple.UUCP (Dave Harvey) (02/11/89)

John Moon writes:

>Hi Apple folks,
>I have a silly question (I hope!): Does there exist an Apple IIe disk
>editor for the diskII 5 1/4" drives? I really need one, since we use
>IIe's in our lab for data aquisition and I need to pull out a trashed
>data set. Any info you could give me would be greatly appreciated. (I
>called all the dealers in the area and no one seems to have heard of
>disk editor(!).) Please respond to my bitnet address ST402281@BROWNVM.
>Thanks in advance!

>John Moon

One of the best editors is BLOCK.WARDEN.  This editor is included in the
PROSEL program package from author Glen Bredon.  PROSEL is $40 and can
be ordered from:
Glen E. Bredon
521 State Road
Princeton, NJ 08540

Another program is Diskworks available from Living Legends Software.
Unfortunately, I don't have their address in front of me right now, but
this is also a good program and is also very reasonable in cost.

proline: pro-novapple!daveharv
uucp: crash!pro-novapple!daveharv
arpa: crash!pro-novapple!daveharv@nosc.mil
Internet: daveharv@pro-novapple.cts.com
Northern Virginia Apple Users Group >pro-novapple< 703-671-0416/300-2400 baud