[comp.sys.apple] Getting technotes via ftp

nuroehri@ndsuvax.UUCP (Dean Roehrich) (02/11/89)

Here's the rundown:

I've had no problem ftp'ing to f.ms.uky.edu (128.163.128.6), BUT, when I try
to get or recv a technote I get a 'permission denied' message.
Yes, I'm in the right dir:  /pub/appleII/tech
I'm logging in as anonymous and giving my own account as the password.
I was able to get a file from /pub/appleII/kermit with no trouble.

So, is the tech directory locked up for a reason, or was there a mistake
somewhere along the line?

Dean

#! rnews

aash@ms.uky.edu (Aashi Deacon) (02/12/89)

In article <2112@ndsuvax.UUCP> nuroehri@ndsuvax.UUCP (Dean Roehrich) writes:
>Here's the rundown:
>
>I've had no problem ftp'ing to f.ms.uky.edu (128.163.128.6), BUT, when I try
>to get or recv a technote I get a 'permission denied' message.
>Yes, I'm in the right dir:  /pub/appleII/tech
>I'm logging in as anonymous and giving my own account as the password.
>I was able to get a file from /pub/appleII/kermit with no trouble.
>
>So, is the tech directory locked up for a reason, or was there a mistake
>somewhere along the line?
>
>Dean

Thank you for calling this to my attention.

When I received this stuff through the
mail I put it into a directory under
my home directory, then tranfered it
to the archive.  I guess the permissions
were still set only for me.  Sorry for
the inconvenience, and please let me know
if you have any more troubles.

aash

--
aash