[comp.sys.apple] Franklin

CCJOHN@UMCVMB.MISSOURI.EDU (John Meyer) (02/14/89)

Someone has offered to sell me a Franklin 1200 with 80 column card, CP/M card
, CCS 7710 serial card, parallel card, disk controller card - no drives, no
monitor - plus some software - $100. Is this a good buy? Will I be able to get
disk drives for it? Is it relatively comparable to a II+? Or does the lack of
tech support make this a waste of time and money? Thanks...JOHN

dvac@drutx.ATT.COM (Daniel Vachon) (02/14/89)

In article <8902131638.aa05791@SMOKE.BRL.MIL>, CCJOHN@UMCVMB.MISSOURI.EDU (John Meyer) writes:
> Someone has offered to sell me a Franklin 1200 with 80 column card, CP/M card
> , CCS 7710 serial card, parallel card, disk controller card - no drives, no
> monitor - plus some software - $100. Is this a good buy? Will I be able to get
> disk drives for it? Is it relatively comparable to a II+? Or does the lack of
> tech support make this a waste of time and money? Thanks...JOHN

It's not too bad of a deal...I just got a Franklin Ace 1000 with none of that
stuff for $50. (I already had a couple disk controllers, Z80, etc... laying
around the house....  With the 80 column card, that is worth it...)  I hate
going back to 40 columns after having 80 for a while....  By the by...

Anyone have a Franklin 80 Column Card they would like to get rid of?

Later -Dan Vachon-  {ucbvax}!ihnp4!drutx!dvac