[comp.sys.apple] intbasic

GREYELF@WPI.BITNET (02/13/89)

If this command:
] BLOAD INTBASIC, A$D000
works, you have a stange computer.

And no, brunning is NOT the same as bloading and calling, due to the vectors
dos sets up.

I'll go get that address...

shawn@pnet51.cts.com (Shawn Stanley) (02/15/89)

GREYELF@WPI.BITNET writes:
>And no, brunning is NOT the same as bloading and calling, due to the vectors
>dos sets up.

But only if you specify an alternate position and/or length...

UUCP: {uunet!rosevax, amdahl!bungia, chinet, killer}!orbit!pnet51!shawn
INET: shawn@pnet51.cts.com

ART100@PSUVM.BITNET ("Andy Tefft 862-6728", 814) (02/16/89)

Original note:

>GREYELF@WPI.BITNET writes:
>>And no, brunning is NOT the same as bloading and calling, due to the vectors
>>dos sets up.
>
>But only if you specify an alternate position and/or length...
>
>UUCP: {uunet!rosevax, amdahl!bungia, chinet, killer}!orbit!pnet51!shawn
>INET: shawn@pnet51.cts.com

I have to agree, it's NOT always the same, whether you're specifying
an alternate position and length or not. I have written simple
little short assembly programs which ran whether they were BLOADed and
CALLed or just BRUN, but hung after they were finished if they were BRUN.
This obviously has to do with the fact that i used RTS instructions to
end the programs. I'm pretty sure BRUN does not jump to the Applesoft CALL
instruction after it loads the file. And of course, LOADER.OBJ0 is
just such an example. I learned to load & call it rather than BRUN it
a LONG time ago, simply because that's the way it works.

Andy