[comp.sys.apple] ADB with IBM keyboards--probably not

>Date:         Wed, 15 Feb 89 05:32:07 HST
>From:         Tom Jenkins <tomj@PRO-PAC.CTS.COM>
>Subject:      APPLE and IBM Keyboards

>Anyone have a idea as to how the IBM keyboard would interface on the Apple
>IIgs?  Seems that one would just have to figure out how the ADB works, then
>'wire' up the connectors, no?

No.

Well, only if IBM keyboards happen to use a protocol identical to the
Apple Desktop Bus.  That would surprise me in the extreme.

You could _probably_ build a device to go between the GS and the IBM
keyboard, but it'd probably need a microprocessor in it.  The Apple
IIgs Hardware Reference manual has ADB info in chapter 6.

>UUCP: {nosc, cacilj, sdcsvax, hplabs!hp-sdd, sun.COM}
>                        ...!crash!pnet01!pro-nsfmat!pro-pac!tomj
>ARPA: crash!pnet01!pro-nsfmat!pro-pac!tomj@nosc.MIL
>INET: tomj@pro-pac.CTS.COM - BITNET: pro-pac.UUCP!tomj@PSUVAX1

--David A. Lyons              bitnet: awcttypa@uiamvs
  DAL Systems                 CompuServe:  72177,3233
  P.O. Box 287                GEnie mail:    D.LYONS2
  North Liberty, IA 52317     AppleLinkPE: Dave Lyons