CYLau@UNCAMULT.BITNET (The Ultron) (01/31/89)

From:  David Bainbridge <orion.cf.uci.edu!uci-ics!ics.uci.edu!dbainbri
at UCSD.EDU> Subject:  C compiler for the apple //c

Does anybody know of a good C compiler made for the apple //c, and if
you do could you please forward the information to me.

                    thanks much,

------- There is the Manx series of compilers for apple, but those work
best if you have a ramdisk/hard drive etc..  there is also the Hyper C
series from The WSM Group - there is both a ProDOS and DOS version + a
shareware version which uses its own dos (1 k blocks and superblock
(like un*x)) $49.95 shareware fee gets you the newest version + a
printed manual..

Maybe I'll upload the shareware version to binaries sometime...

Chris...

I'm too lazy to put in my standard disclaimer- so just pretend that you
see it here...

rat@madnix.UUCP (David Douthitt) (02/02/89)

In article <890130233449.678939@UNCAMULT.BITNET>
CYLau@UNCAMULT.BITNET (The Ultron) writes:

| There is also the Hyper C
| series from The WSM Group - there is both a ProDOS and DOS version + a
| shareware version which uses its own dos (1 k blocks and superblock
| (like un*x)) $49.95 shareware fee gets you the newest version + a
| printed manual..

Can you give more information?  This is the FIRST time I've heard of a C
compiler other than Thunder C (which went under) and Aztec C (which is known
to be overpriced and underperforming).

Thanks...

             [david]

--
======== David Douthitt :::: Madison, WI :::: The Stainless Steel Rat ========
FidoNet: 1:121/1 or 1:121/2            {decvax|att}!

cc@xroads.UUCP (Dan McGuirk) (02/03/89)

In message <89013023349.678939@UNCAMULT.BITNET> CYLau@UNCAMULT.BITNET (The
    Ultron) writes:

> there is also the Hyper C
> series from The WSM Group - there is both a ProDOS and DOS version + a
> shareware version which uses its own dos (1 k blocks and superblock
> (like un*x)) $49.95 shareware fee gets you the newest version + a
> printed manual..
>
> Maybe I'll upload the shareware version to binaries sometime...

Please do..I'm sure a lot of people, including me, would
appreciate it!
--
\  /  C r o s s r o a d s  C o m m u n i c a t i o n s
 /\   (602) 941-2005 300|1200 Baud 24 hrs/day

demarco@cpsc.ucalgary.ca (Vince Demarco) (02/03/89)

In article <457@madnix.UUCP>, rat@madnix.UUCP (David Douthitt) writes:
> In article <890130233449.678939@UNCAMULT.BITNET>
> CYLau@UNCAMULT.BITNET (The Ultron) writes:
>
> | There is also the Hyper C
> | series from The WSM Group - there is both a ProDOS and DOS version + a
> | shareware version which uses its own dos (1 k blocks and superblock
> | (like un*x)) $49.95 shareware fee gets you the newest version + a
> | printed manual..
>
> Can you give more information?  This is the FIRST time I've heard of a C
> compiler other than Thunder C (which went under) and Aztec C (which is known
> to be overpriced and underperforming).

I just saw this on a friend's Sun acct and was too lazy to wait till this
got sent over to the mainframe so I'm sending the info to you here:

Hyper C is from the WSM Group,Inc. in Tucson, AZ... don't have the complete
address handy, but their ph# is 602/298-7910...  They have in addition to
the shareware HyperC, Commercial versions which run under ProDOS and DOS 3.3
with their own unix-like shells (better than Aztec, and faster!) ($129.95 I
believe??)

Chris Lau

(Ignore the address above, I'm using a friend's acct.
 Replies to: CYLau@UNCAMULT.BITNET or to the net )

hanson@gwchem.waterloo.edu (Ernie Hanson) (02/11/89)

> Hyper C is from the WSM Group,Inc. in Tucson, AZ... don't have the complete
> address handy, but their ph# is 602/298-7910...  They have in addition to
> the shareware HyperC, Commercial versions which run under ProDOS and DOS 3.3
> with their own unix-like shells (better than Aztec, and faster!) ($129.95 I
> believe??)
>
> Chris Lau
>
> (Ignore the address above, I'm using a friend's acct.
>  Replies to: CYLau@UNCAMULT.BITNET or to the net )

Please do not call this number ... it is someone's residence.  I have informed
Chris and he is going to try to locate the address.  If anyone else has
information on this company I would appreciate hearing about it ... Tucson
information could not locate them for me.

Ernie

--
Ernie Hanson	 |Bitnet:   hanson@gwchem.uwaterloo.ca  |GENIE:      E.HANSON1
129 Albert St.   |Internet: hanson@gwchem.waterloo.edu  |COMPUSERVE: 72427,3365

c08_d042@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Stdnt 42) (02/14/89)

As a followup to the msg about WSM group not being listed in the Tuscon
directory assistance, I tried calling them in late 1987/early 1988 and
requested leaflets about their product Hyper C...I never got them, and
soon after noticed that their magazine ads in A+ had ceased.  perhaps
they've reappeared since then, but I don't know for sure.

rmk@frog.UUCP (Rick Kelly) (02/17/89)

In article <11444@watdragon.waterloo.edu> hanson@gwchem.waterloo.edu (Ernie Hanson) writes:

>> Hyper C is from the WSM Group,Inc. in Tucson, AZ... don't have the complete
>> address handy, but their ph# is 602/298-7910...  They have in addition to
>> the shareware HyperC, Commercial versions which run under ProDOS and DOS 3.3
>> with their own unix-like shells (better than Aztec, and faster!) ($129.95 I
>> believe??)
>>
>> Chris Lau
>>
>> (Ignore the address above, I'm using a friend's acct.
>>  Replies to: CYLau@UNCAMULT.BITNET or to the net )
>
>Please do not call this number ... it is someone's residence.  I have informed
>Chris and he is going to try to locate the address.  If anyone else has
>information on this company I would appreciate hearing about it ... Tucson
>information could not locate them for me.
>
>Ernie
>
>--
>Ernie Hanson	 |Bitnet:   hanson@gwchem.uwaterloo.ca  |GENIE:      E.HANSON1
>129 Albert St.   |Internet: hanson@gwchem.waterloo.edu  |COMPUSERVE: 72427,3365
>Waterloo, Ontario|UUCP:     !uunet!watmath!gwchem!hanson|----------------------
>Canada, N2L 3T2	 |Proline:  hanson@pro-ontario	        |Phone: (519) 747-9889

	I bought the WSM Hyper C Professional system in mid-1986. I got their
address out of A+ magazine.

	I received newsletters from them until early 1987, when they stopped.
Their advertising seemed to disappear about the same time, and I assume they
are now defunct.

	It is not a bad compiler system, but it needs polishing, and has a few
weird bugs.

	Rick Kelly
	Test Engineering
	Charles River Data Systems