[comp.sys.apple] Scroll Bar in a Dialog Box

JWANKERL@UTCVM.BITNET (Josef Wankerl) (02/17/89)

Help.

I want to put a scroll bar in a dialog box (horozontally) and have
the user be able to use the scroll bar to select values from 1 to 49.
So far I have been unsuccessful in all my attempts to do this.

Can anyone send me an example??  The Source Code Samplers provided
me with no help at all on this subject, although they were very useful
in getting some of my other code to work.

I'm programming in APW C (very slow.  yuck.), but an Assembly example
would do just as well.

    -Gonzo

keith@Apple.COM (Keith Rollin) (02/25/89)

In article <8902191238.aa03979@SMOKE.BRL.MIL> JWANKERL@UTCVM.BITNET (Josef Wankerl) writes:
>Help.
>
>I want to put a scroll bar in a dialog box (horozontally) and have
>the user be able to use the scroll bar to select values from 1 to 49.
>So far I have been unsuccessful in all my attempts to do this.
>
>Can anyone send me an example??  The Source Code Samplers provided
>me with no help at all on this subject, although they were very useful
>in getting some of my other code to work.
>
>I'm programming in APW C (very slow.  yuck.), but an Assembly example
>would do just as well.

I remember having to answer this once before when a developer asked it. I don't
have the sample that I used to do this anymore, but I remember that it wasn't
very difficult. If you could explain some of the problems you are having, or
can send some sample code, perhaps we could figure out what is going on. If
you have already solved the problem, or someone has replyed to you personally,
then ignore this message.

INTERNET: keith@apple.com
"Argue for your Apple, and sure enough, it's yours" - Keith Rollin, Contusions