[comp.sys.apple] Trash to Toilet Icon on IIgs

tomj@pro-pac.cts.com (Tom Jenkins) (02/19/89)

Sometime ago, I noticed some talk on Icons for the IIgs.  One conversation was
about replacing the Trash Icon on the Finder with a Toilet.  Anyone have
additional info?

Also, from the mail I have received regarding hooking up an IBM type keyboard
to the ADB, seems like it is NOT that simple!  Tks anyway...

--
UUCP: {nosc, cacilj, sdcsvax, hplabs!hp-sdd, sun.COM}
                        ...!crash!pnet01!pro-nsfmat!pro-pac!tomj

scott@claris.com (Scott Lindsey) (02/20/89)

From article <8902182017.AA01511@crash.cts.com>, by tomj@pro-pac.cts.com (Tom Jenkins):
> Sometime ago, I noticed some talk on Icons for the IIgs.  One conversation was
> about replacing the Trash Icon on the Finder with a Toilet.  Anyone have
> additional info?

Well, yeah.  It's just stored in the */ICONS/FINDER.ICONS file.  But the only
human-interfaced method I know of editing the file is Apple's ICONEDIT, which
I believe is available to developers (thru APDA) for some fairly unreasonable
price.

--
Scott Lindsey, wombat    | UUCP: {ames,apple,portal,sun,voder}!claris!scott
Product Development      | Internet:  scott@claris.com  |  AppleLink: LINDSEY1

gwyn@smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn ) (02/21/89)

In article <8950@claris.com> scott@claris.com (Scott Lindsey) writes:
-Well, yeah.  It's just stored in the */ICONS/FINDER.ICONS file.  But the only
-human-interfaced method I know of editing the file is Apple's ICONEDIT, which
-I believe is available to developers (thru APDA) for some fairly unreasonable
-price.

There have been at least four freeware or shareware icon editors posted
to various BBSes and commercial TSSes.

cdm@pro-freedom.cts.com (Carl Macdonald) (02/25/89)

Scott Lindsey from Claris was saying that he wasn't aware of any icon editors
except for Apples ICONED.

Paul Elseth has written one that works extremly well.  In addition to simply
editing an icon file, it also alows you to use a graphics picture on the
clipboard as an icon, and can put the icons into an APW source file in
assemply language source format.

Carl MacDonald, programmer
Central Point Software

Disclaimer: All opinions expressed here are my own, not those of my employer,
            or anyone else, living or otherwise.

    UUCP: crash!pnet01!pro-freedom!cdm
 ProLine: cdm@pro-freedom
 ARPANet: crash!pnet01!pro-freedom!cdm@nosc.mil
InterNet: cdm@pro-freedom.cts.com

Carl MacDonald, programmer
Central Point Software

DISCLAIMER: All opinions expressed here are my own, not those of my employer
            or anyone else, living or otherwise.

    UUCP: crash!pnet01!pro-freedom!cdm
 ProLine: cdm@pro-freedom
 ARPANet: crash!pnet01!pro-freedom!cdm@nosc.mil
InterNet: cdm@pro-freedom.cts.com

Programmer: Red-eyed mumbling mammel capable of conversing with in-animate
            objects.