[comp.sys.apple] Quad Hires?

ralphw@ius3.ius.cs.cmu.edu (Ralph Hyre) (02/16/89)

In article <8902120443.AA12071@wpi> GREYELF@WPI.BITNET writes:
>I just figured out how to access the 520 x 384 quadruple hi-res mode on
>the Laser, has anyone figured out a way to use this mode for graphics
>programs?
Wouldn't it be 560x384?
How does this work?  Does the hardware flip between regular and alternate
display pages every 60 hz? (for a 30 hz interlaced display with some flicker,
depending on your monitor.)  Or do you have to write software (interrupt
handlers & such) to do this?

$2000-$4000,$4000-$6000 Hex should be the regular and alternate Hires pages
in each 64K bank.
--
					- Ralph W. Hyre, Jr.
Internet: ralphw@{ius{3,2,1}.,}cs.cmu.edu    Phone:(412) CMU-BUGS

kamath@reed.UUCP (Sean Kamath) (02/25/89)

In article <4285@pt.cs.cmu.edu> ralphw@ius3.ius.cs.cmu.edu (Ralph Hyre) writes:
>In article <8902120443.AA12071@wpi> GREYELF@WPI.BITNET writes:
>>I just figured out how to access the 520 x 384 quadruple hi-res mode on
>>the Laser,...

>How does this work?  Does the hardware flip between regular and alternate
>display pages every 60 hz? (for a 30 hz interlaced display with some flicker,
>depending on your monitor.)  Or do you have to write software (interrupt
>handlers & such) to do this?

What I want to know is how to fanagle the hardware into letting me see
the Page 2 Double Hires on my //e!  I keep seeing references to it, but
I can't figure it out.  One of these days I'll write a program that
flips all of the softswitches in weird orders until I see something
weird happen. . . :-)  Note that this usually happens when you list the
$C0XX address space. . .

Sean kamath

--
UUCP:  {decvax allegra ucbcad ucbvax hplabs}!tektronix!reed!kamath
CSNET: reed!kamath@Tektronix.CSNET  ||  BITNET: kamath@reed.BITNET