[comp.sys.apple] DOS Text to PASCAL

nubartho@ndsuvax.UUCP (Bruce Bartholomew) (02/21/89)

I am looking for a quick and dirty way of transferring text files from
DOS (either ProDOS or 3.3) to my Apple Pascal 1.2 (yes, I do not own 1.3)
so that I can perform some work on them.  Does anybody have any recommendationson  what sort of program I could use to do this.

It is for a class assignment, and the text file will be provided to us, and
I will be able to download it.   would appreciate any assistance anybody
could provide.

I will summarize if there are enough requests.

Bruce Bartholomew
nu034421@ndsuvm1 : BITNET
ndsuvax!nubartho

aash@ms.uky.edu (aash) (02/22/89)

In article <2165@ndsuvax.UUCP> nubartho@ndsuvax.UUCP (Bruce Bartholomew) writes:

>I am looking for a quick and dirty way of transferring text files from
>DOS (either ProDOS or 3.3) to my Apple Pascal 1.2 (yes, I do not own 1.3)
>so that I can perform some work on them.  Does anybody have any recommendationson  what sort of program I could use to do this.

Isn't that available on the Sytem Utility Disk?
Or is that just disk format and not file format?

aash

--
aash
aash@ms.uky.edu  (archive at 128.163.128.6)

millerje@handel.colostate.edu (jeffrey scott miller) (02/23/89)

In article <2165@ndsuvax.UUCP> nubartho@ndsuvax.UUCP (Bruce Bartholomew) writes:

>I am looking for a quick and dirty way of transferring text files from
>DOS (either ProDOS or 3.3) to my Apple Pascal 1.2 (yes, I do not own 1.3)
>so that I can perform some work on them.  Does anybody have any recommendationson  what sort of program I could use to do this.

Although it might not be available anymore, QUALITY SOFTWARE (makers of
Bag of Tricks, Beneath Apple DOS and ProDOS) wrote a program called Universal
File Converter, which can copy files from and to DOS 3.2, DOS 3.3, ProDOS,
Apple PASCAL and Apple CP/M. Pretty good program...let me know if you can't
find it.

jeff miller

rich@pro-exchange.cts.com (Rich Sims) (02/27/89)

> I am looking for a quick and dirty way of transferring text files from
> DOS (either ProDOS or 3.3) to my Apple Pascal 1.2 (yes, I do not own 1.3)
> so that I can perform some work on them.  Does anybody have any
> recommendationson  what sort of program I could use to do this.

Some years ago (1983) a program was published which transferred files between
DOS 3.3, PASCAL, and CP/M.  I used it once and it worked well for me.

The program's name is "File Transfer Utilities", and it was published by
RCM Software.

Unfortunately, I have no information on the company, or whether the program
is still available, but this may provide a place to start searching.

UUCP: crash!pro-exchange!rich
ARPA: crash!pro-exchange!rich@nosc.mil
INET: rich@pro-exchange.cts.com