[comp.sys.apple] pascal manual needed

MAC107@PSUVM.BITNET (MARC ANDREW CHOPPIN) (03/02/89)

Does anyone know where I can get a referance manual for Apple Pascal? I tried
to contact Apple directly to get a replacement, but they won't send me a copy
unless I send them the disks and proof that I purchased it (which I lost). Any
information would be helpful. If you have any information, send it to this
account. Thanks.

muller@Alliant.COM (Jim Muller) (03/02/89)

In article <73777MAC107@PSUVM> MAC107@PSUVM.BITNET (MARC ANDREW CHOPPIN) writes:
>Does anyone know where I can get a referance manual for Apple Pascal? I tried
>to contact Apple directly to get a replacement, but they won't send me a copy
>unless I send them the disks and proof that I purchased it (which I lost)...

(Ahem.)  If you had bought it yourself, you might have known that originally
(for version 1.1) there were separate manuals for the OS and the language,
and that you would need to specify *which* one you wanted (which you obviously
didn't).  And that there was an Addendum to each (for 1.1).  And that when 1.2
was released, it included a Version 1.2 Update Manual, which complemented, but
did not replace, the two 1.1 manuals.  (I don't know about 1.3 because I have
not yet purchased it.)  You would have at least known that there were three
versions (1.1, 1.2, and 1.3) and that you would have to specify *for which
version* you wanted the manuals (which you obviously didn't).  If I were to
send you a copy of mine (which I *won't* even if I did feel inclined to photo-
copy all that many pages), I wouldn't know which manual you wanted because you
didn't include enough information in your request, which you would certainly
have known if you had bought it yourself.  So (ahem) are you sure you really
lost them?
--
    - Jim Muller