[comp.sys.apple] GS Icon Editors

>Date:         Fri, 24 Feb 89 19:37:04 PST
>From:         Carl Macdonald <cdm@PRO-FREEDOM.CTS.COM>
>Subject:      Trash to Toilet Icon on IIgs
>
>Scott Lindsey from Claris was saying that he wasn't aware of any icon
>editors except for Apples ICONED.
>
>Paul Elseth has written one that works extremly well.  In addition to
>simply editing an icon file, it also alows you to use a graphics
>picture on the clipboard as an icon, and can put the icons into an
>APW source file in assemply language source format.

Paul's editor (IconEd) is Shareware for $15.  DIcEd (Desktop Icon
Editor) is $15 Shareware from me (DAL Systems).  I just released
DICEd 1.2--the main improvement is that the Edit Attribute box knows
the names of all the filetype/auxtype combinations, as listed in
the January 89 File Type Notes.

DIcEd doesn't let you paste a picture into an icon yet.  In most ways
IconEd and DIcEd are fairly similar.  (DIcEd had Save As Source...
first, and it saves as APW C source as well as APW or Merlin
assembly.)

>Carl MacDonald, programmer
>Central Point Software

 --David A. Lyons              bitnet: awcttypa@uiamvs
   DAL Systems                 CompuServe:  72177,3233
   P.O. Box 287                GEnie mail:    D.LYONS2
   North Liberty, IA 52317     AppleLinkPE: Dave Lyons