[comp.sys.apple] UniDisk 3.5, GS/OS

labc-3dc@e260-3b.berkeley.edu (Andy McFadden) (03/03/89)

In article <8903011520.aa14592@SMOKE.BRL.MIL> AWCTTYPA@UIAMVS.BITNET ("David A. Lyons") writes:

>Proper operation of the UniDisk 3.5 under GS/OS requires that you
>have the UNIDISK3.5 driver installed on your boot disk.  Install it
>with the Installer program, or just copy the file into the
>*/SYSTEM/DRIVERS folder.

The most recent issue of Open-Apple reports that you can't boot GS/OS from
a device run off of a Video Technologies Universal Drive Controller.  It
boots fine; you just have to treat it as non-removable media.

The previous issue said that you couldn't start up GS/OS by executing the
"PRODOS" file on the GS/OS disk.  This is also wrong; although it didn't
work from ProSEL on my system, it worked just fine from BASIC.SYSTEM.

--
fadden@cory.berkeley.edu (Andy McFadden)
labc-3dc@widow.berkeley.edu