[comp.sys.apple] executing PRODOS file directly

>Date:         Fri, 3 Mar 89 05:29:23 GMT
>From:         Andy McFadden
>              <agate!e260-3b.berkeley.edu!labc-3dc@UCBVAX.BERKELEY.EDU>
>Subject:      Re: UniDisk 3.5, GS/OS
>
>[...] The previous issue [of A2 Central] said that you couldn't start
>up GS/OS by executing the "PRODOS" file on the GS/OS disk.  This is
>also wrong; although it didn't work from ProSEL on my system, it
>worked just fine from BASIC.SYSTEM.
>
>fadden@cory.berkeley.edu (Andy McFadden)
>labc-3dc@widow.berkeley.edu

Under some conditions, you _can_ boot GS/OS 2.0 (on System Disk 4.0)
by directly executing the PRODOS file.

Apple has never guaranteed that this will work for any of ProDOS 8,
ProDOS 16, or GS/OS.  They don't guarantee it will continue to work
in the future.

 --David A. Lyons              bitnet: awcttypa@uiamvs
   DAL Systems                 CompuServe:  72177,3233
   P.O. Box 287                GEnie mail:    D.LYONS2
   North Liberty, IA 52317     AppleLinkPE: Dave Lyons