[comp.sys.apple] Appleshare-able AW/AWGS?

rkh@mtune.ATT.COM (Robert Halloran) (03/04/89)

My wife's school has set up an Appleshare network with ][e's and ][GS's.
The server is an SE.  She was told by the folks at Claris' 800 number
that a version of either Appleworks or AWGS existed that was compatible
with Appleshare.  However the literature sent to her from Claris made
no mention of this.  Anyone out there know about this? Claris tech support,
you out there?  Does this stuff exist and how would her school order it?  Thanks.

						Bob Halloran
UUCP: att!mtune!rkh				Internet: rkh@mtune.ATT.COM
USPS: 17 Lakeland Dr, Port Monmouth NJ 07758	DDD: 201-495-6621 eve ET
Disclaimer: If you think AT&T would have ME as a spokesman, you're crazed.
Quote: "May: In Baton Rouge, the Rev. Jimmy Swaggart, announcing that he has
	been forgiven by the Lord, returns to his pulpit, where he receives
	a warm reception from 300 billion locusts."
		- Dave Barry's 1988 Year-In-Review

REWING@TRINCC.BITNET (03/04/89)

The version of Appleworks that you seek is a 2.1 Appleshare version of the
software, and I believe Claris still markets is, along with Appleworks
Classic.  The software is not cheap (about $1400), but this version
makes Appleworks completely multi-launchable from a server.  Appleworks-GS
will not be launchable from a server until it can *see* a server, which
will only be capable in an upcoming edition of GS/OS.

--Rick Ewing
  Apple Computer, Atlanta GA
  (bad spelling, poor syntax, can I blame my computer on that?)

REWING@TRINCC.BITNET (03/04/89)

The version of Appleworks that you seek is a 2.1 Appleshare version of the
software, and I believe Claris still markets is, along with Appleworks
Classic.  The software is not cheep (about $1400), but this version
makes Appleworks completely multi-launchable from a server.  Appleworks-GS
will not be launchable from a server until it can .see* a server, which
will only be capable in an upcoming edition of GS/OS.

--Rick Ewing
  Apple Computer, Atlanta GA
  (bad spelling, poor syntax, can I blame my computer on that?)

tsouth@pro-pac.cts.com (System Administrator) (03/05/89)

Re:

> Date: Sat, 4 Mar 89 10:52 EST
> From: pnet01!crash!mitvma.mit.edu!REWING%TRINCC.BITNET
> Subject: RE: Appleshare-able AW/AWGS?

> Appleworks-GS will not be launchable from a server until it can *see*
> a server, which will only be capable in an upcoming edition of GS/OS.

> --Rick Ewing
>   Apple Computer, Atlanta GA

Low and behold!  Do I see compromise of actual future Apple product
information!?! :-O

Todd South

--
UUCP: {nosc, uunet!cacilj, sdcsvax, hplabs!hp-sdd, sun.COM}
                        ...!crash!pnet01!pro-nsfmat!pro-pac!tsouth