Date: Fri, 3 Mar 89 14:20:47 MST
From: <demarco@cpsc.UCalgary.CA>
To: lwv27%CAS.BITNET%UcEdu.UCalgary.CA@ucnet.ucalgary.ca
Subject: re:re: proterm

my kermit works perfectly no problems with it at all.

My copy of Zlink the vt100 emulation is messed up.  When i try to run emacs
with it running instead of clearing the screen the entire screen gets inverted

Hope you can help
reply to demarco@CPSC.UCalgary.CA

the person named above.  I tryed sending him mail at the above address
but since i am restricted as to where i can send mail i am posting
the reply here instead

dcw@athena.mit.edu (David C. Whitney) (03/08/89)

In article <834@cs-spool.calgary.UUCP> demarco@cpsc.ucalgary.ca (Vince Demarco) writes:
>My copy of Zlink the vt100 emulation is messed up.  When i try to run emacs
>with it running instead of clearing the screen the entire screen gets inverted

LISTEN LISTEN LISTEN... In order to fix bugs, *I* have to hear about
them!  See the signature down there? It says "I wrote Z-Link ... send
me bug reports."  I'm serious about that! Posting bug reports to the
net doesn't guarantee that I'll see them. I don't always have time to
read news, and there's sometimes software trouble that just plain
doesn't allow me to read news.

Now, if you have a repeatable bug in the vt100, then the *best thing
you can do* is capture the session which causes the bug to happen. IE,
turn on capture and run emacs. After the screen goes nuts, shut off
capture and save the buffer. BinSCII the buffer file and mail it to
me. I know I've said this before, but NOBODY has done this, so I can't
tackle *any* bugs!

Sorry if I sound upset...

Dave Whitney	A junior in Computer Science at MIT
dcw@athena.mit.edu  ...!bloom-beacon!athena.mit.edu!dcw  dcw@goldilocks.mit.edu
I wrote Z-Link & BinSCII. Send me bug reports. I use a //GS. Send me Tech Info.
"This is MIT. Collect and 3rd party calls will not be accepted at this number."