[comp.sys.apple] Public Domain BBS

jjung@nunki.usc.edu (John Jung) (02/27/89)

  Is there any public domain BBS for the Apple which supports transfer
protocols, multiple message bases, and multiple baud rates?

  If there is, could some one either give me an ftp site for it, or mail me a
copy of it?

						John

Geva_Apple-Maniac_Patz@cup.portal.com (03/07/89)

I have one PD BBS (Olympia, I think it's called) and two shareware
BBS's (the Magic City one that comes with Modemworks, and another whose name
escapes me for the moment.) At least 2 of these have the features you need.
If you drop me your USMAIL address in Email, I'll pop them all along to you
in the post.

%%%%
 Geva
  %%%%

ldcol@pbhyd.PacBell.COM (Larry D Colton) (03/07/89)

In article <15460@cup.portal.com> Geva_Apple-Maniac_Patz@cup.portal.com writes:
>I have one PD BBS (Olympia, I think it's called) and two shareware
>BBS's (the Magic City one that comes with Modemworks, and another whose name
            ^^^^^^^^^^                     ~~~~~~~~~~
>escapes me for the moment.) At least 2 of these have the features you need.
>If you drop me your USMAIL address in Email, I'll pop them all along to you
>in the post.
>
>%%%%
> Geva
>  %%%%

I believe that Magic City BBS is indeed shareware.  Please be careful though,
as Morgan Davis' Modemworks IS NOT shareware.

For those of you who are new to the net, Modemworks is a series of ampersand
(&) routines that allow the Applesoft programmer to write a comm package or
BBS that rivals anything available in any other code.  It is a construction
kit that takes all of the pain out of programming a modem.  (Actually this
is an understatement as the & routines allow you to do much more than just
program a modem.  Advanced string handling, screen control, and file
manipulation are just of few of the included goodies.)

However, to repeat, Modemworks is not shareware.

--
Larry Colton                {att,bellcore,sun,ames,pyramid}!pacbell!ldcol

ALBRO@NIEHS.BITNET (03/09/89)

no longer Shareware and must be order from the author - however, ModemWorks
is licensed for it, so you don't have to separately buy both.