[comp.sys.apple] GS debugging

>From: blochowi%garfield.cs.wisc.edu@cs.wisc.edu
>Subject: Re: GS/OS and potato chips
>
>When you said that "help is on the way" was it an intentional tease?
>Are you working on something? I'd love to see a debugger for the //gs
>(please don't mention DEBUG - I mean a real debugger. By real I mean
>that it'll be at least symbolic, preferably source level...).

Yes, I suppose it was a tease...I was referring to a module called
"Big Brother" that will be part of Nifty List v3.0.  Big brother
will intercept all toolbox calls and, in many cases, check the
parameters for reasonableness, warning you when there is something
fishy going on.  It will also keep a watch on unused memory, or
other memory whose contents should not change, and warn you when a
change is detected.  (Yes, this can make the system very slow
depending on how often you tell BB to check for changes, but it's
worth it if it uncovers an obscure hidden bug.)

>        Jason Blochowiak (blochowi@garfield.cs.wisc.edu)
>            "Not your average iconoclast..."

 --David A. Lyons              bitnet: awcttypa@uiamvs
   DAL Systems                 CompuServe:  72177,3233
   P.O. Box 287                GEnie mail:    D.LYONS2
   North Liberty, IA 52317     AppleLinkPE: Dave Lyons