To: Larry D Colton <ldcol@pbhyd.PacBell.COM>
Subject: Re: BinSCII problem?
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 89 10:09:47 EST
From: Dave Whitney	A junior in Computer Science at MIT <dcw>

The problem with the ShrinkIt post of late is the name. The header looks
something like:

MSHRINK10.BNY

This is for some reason quite wrong. The first letter should be an "L".
I have no idea how this happened, but I'll ask Andy.

Well, Andy - any ideas as to how this happened? Did you post ShrinkIt,
or did somebody else?
----

To: jetzer@studsys.mu.edu (jetzer)
Subject: Re: pascal manual
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 89 10:14:46 EST
From: Dave Whitney	A junior in Computer Science at MIT <dcw>

I got your previous mail concerning vt100- vt102 differences. I implemented
vt102 quite by accident as the spec sheet given to me was marked "VT100
codes." I now have a vt102 manual, so I'm going through (slowly) and fixing
bugs.

I don't really want to take out the code that makes Z-Link a vt102, as the
vt102 has nice features (such as insert/delete char and others).

Isn't there a way of explicitly telling your system you're running a vt100
(ie, have it ingore what the terminal answers when requested for its type)?

	Dave
----

To: chemabs!chemabs!lwv27@cis.ohio-state.edu (Larry W. Virden)
Subject: Re: binscii questions
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 89 10:17:47 EST
From: Dave Whitney	A junior in Computer Science at MIT <dcw>

I have not yet written a doc file. I will eventually do that...

Yes, BinSCII can handle more than one segment on a single text file. That
was an important feature for me. Therefore, you could on your UNIX machine
type:

cat file1 file2 file3 file4 > to.get

then download to.get and process it. BinSCII will unpack each segment it finds
in the file to.get (which could be several, as each filex may have more than
one segment). This is how I last posted Z-Link. It was a single post, but the
file itself contained 2 segments.

	Dave