[comp.sys.apple] APPLE2-L Help!

gmw8868@fedeva.UUCP (Mitch Wood) (03/10/89)

I want off the Apple2-L mailing list... Please help..
We are not connecting to the host that I get this through,
and I dont own an apple anymore, so I want out!! The admin
on the host is getting upset with the backlog of stuff on
his system... please mail me a response!!!!! ASAP!!!!

Mitch
>We are not connecting to the host that I get this through,
>and I dont own an apple anymore, so I want out!! The admin
>on the host is getting upset with the backlog of stuff on
>his system... please mail me a response!!!!! ASAP!!!!

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.  HOW did you get subscribed in the
first place?

Folks, IF you subscribe to lists (ANY lists) do store a little
file somewhere with how you did it (and how to undo it).  It shouldn't
be necessary to ask several thousand people who can't help to find the one
or two who can.

In this instance, one of the owners of Apple2-L (me) just happened to notice
this particular message (weekednd service being what it is, it could have been
another 3 or 4 days before it got delivered by uucp to 'berkeley' <on the
left coast> to 'brl.mil' <in Maryland> to 'NoDak' <in North Dakota> to
either 'uconnvm' or 'brownvm' <in New England>).  It can't be too hard
to figure out how to get mail from 'fedeva' to 'brownvm.bitnet'

Anyone on BITNET or the Internet can signoff APPLE2-L "automagically"
by sending mail to LISTSERV@BROWNVM.BITNET or
                   listserv%brownvm.bitnet@mitvma.mit.edu

with the message: SIGNOFF APPLE2-L

===> NOTE <=== LISTSERV@BROWNVM not APPLE2-L (if you send the signoff to
APPLE2-L it simply goes into Chris's backlog and he may decide to wait 2
weeks before getting around to it :-)

If you are a UUCP subscriber (as Mitch was), then you DO have to contact
a person (so write this down).  Either  ...psuvax1!brownvm.bitnet!chris
or ...psuvax1!uconnvm.bitnet!sewall can remove you from the subscriber list.
Mail to ...psuvax1!brownvm.bitnet!apple2-l also reaches Chris.
(I removed Mitch in spite of his unorthodox approach to asking).

Murph Sewall                       Vaporware? ---> [Gary Larson returns 1/1/90]
Prof. of Marketing     Sewall@UConnVM.BITNET
Business School        sewall%uconnvm.bitnet@mitvma.mit.edu          [INTERNET]
U of Connecticut       {psuvax1 or mcvax }!UCONNVM.BITNET!SEWALL     [UUCP]

-+- I don't speak for my employer, though I frequently wish that I could

According to the American Facsimile Association, more than half the calls
from Japan to the U.S. are fax calls.  FAX it to me at: 1-203-486-5246