[comp.sys.apple] MouseText Remover CDA

>Date:         Mon, 13 Mar 89 07:00:00 -0600
>From:         "H. Grant Delaney" <delaneyg%wnre.aecl.cdn@RELAY.UBC.CA>
>Subject:      There is a way to handle Mouse text
>
>There is a cda which is included with some of the early ones I posted to
>apple2-l which will handle the mouse text problem.  It does slow things
>down a bit as all text is pushed through it but it does the job.

It's called MTRemover (MouseText Remover).  Technically, text doesn't
go _through_ it (there's no way to intercept it all, since many
programs store their text directly to the screen memory).  Instead,
MTRemover installs a "heart beat interrupt task" that the system
calls every 1/60 of a second, every "tick."  Each time it's called,
the task cruises through all the text screen memory and replaces
MouseText characters with whatever characters they would have
appeared as on a machine with no MouseText.

 --David A. Lyons              bitnet: awcttypa@uiamvs
   DAL Systems                 CompuServe:  72177,3233
   P.O. Box 287                GEnie mail:    D.LYONS2
   North Liberty, IA 52317     AppleLinkPE: Dave Lyons