[comp.sys.apple] What?

MCL9337@TAMVENUS.BITNET (12/16/87)

I hate when people do this--->

In article <298498679837459687234897> gwyn%BRL-SMOKE.arpa@husc6 (douggie)
writes:

>>Well, I just got a pirated copy of this beta version last night!
>
>>Well, I just got a pirated copy of this beta version last night!
This is the second note you've recently posted bragging about stealing

oops...

basically...

This is the second note you've recently posted bragging about stealing
software.  Be advised that this is not a "cracker" or pirate bulletin
board, but rather an Apple II information newsgroup.

THERE!!

First... you must be pretty bored to sit and put article whatever (where DO
those numbers come from!?) in that little ">" construct!  Unless there's an
automatic way to do that...

Second... I don't brag.  Do you think I would still be bragging after two
years of modem world activity.  Sheesh!  To me, it was only a casual
reference.

Also... a beta copy is not for sale anyway!!!  Have you ever heard of a
"pirated" beta copy?  HA!

Mark

In article <8712152356.aa00904@SEM.BRL.ARPA> MCL9337@TAMVENUS.BITNET writes:
->>Well, I just got a pirated copy of this beta version last night!
[...]
-Also... a beta copy is not for sale anyway!!!  Have you ever heard of a
-"pirated" beta copy?  HA!

This must be some new form of logic I haven't yet heard about.

lc@pbhyd.UUCP (Larry Colton) (12/18/87)

In article <6854@brl-smoke.ARPA> gwyn@brl.arpa (Doug Gwyn (VLD/VMB) <gwyn>) writes:
>In article <8712152356.aa00904@SEM.BRL.ARPA> MCL9337@TAMVENUS.BITNET writes:
>->>Well, I just got a pirated copy of this beta version last night!

In this and several other posts that have arrived at this uucp site, it is
obvious that most readers are understandably concerned about the subject of
MCL9337@TAMVENUS's messages.  Perhaps a BITNET user should accumulate these
posts and forward them to the System Administrato of TAMVENUS.

I suspect that MCL9337 (Mark) has no idea (or concern) that his messages
reflect negatively on his host organization.  I am sure the SysAdmin does
and will take appropriate action.  (I would send the message from here, but
uucp to bitnet communications often don't work.)

---
Larry Colton                      {ihnp4,pyramid,qantel}!ptsfa!pbhyd!lc
Pacific * Bell                                                San Diego

hangetsu@cgdra.ucar.edu (Dan Baldwin) (12/19/87)

 It seems to me that the appropriate action concerning the pirating issue
has all ready been taken, it is clear that this group will not support
messages involving pirating and I would be surprised to see another
one.  It makes for interesting conversation but could get blown out of
proportion.

scott@geowhiz.UUCP (Scott Kempf) (12/19/87)

	I would like to say that I was not offended by the mention of
pirating.  I was offended by mark's article to someone who was.  mark
appeared very rude and inconsiderate of others.
	His:  "Off the bandwagon, everyone...", was just the kind of
apology I expected.  Oh, well, I suppose I should learn to ignore such things.

					Scott

P.S.  Maybe we should vote on starting comp.sys.apple.flames?  :-)

Scott Kempf                          Blue itself teaches us blue.  -Bill Ranson
MAIL:   1302 Rutledge St., Madison, WI  53703    PHONE:  (608) 255-6205  (home)
UUCP:   {seismo, topaz, harvard, ihnp4}!uwvax!geowhiz!scott
ARPA:   geowhiz!scott@spool.wisc.edu             PHONE:  (608) 262-6154  (work)
BITNET: scott%geowhiz.uucp%spool.wisc.edu@wiscvm.bitnet

MSER001@ECNCDC.BITNET (03/08/89)

>Some programs, notably arcade games, *cannot* be written for the //gs
>because the speed makes it impossible for them to run.  Such programs will
>*never* be written when the only way to have a faster machine is to buy
>a $400 board.  Therefore part of the software market doesn't exist.
Give me a break...It really only depends on how the program is written.
The machine is fast enough for ANY arcade game...you may quote me.

I am now using a se/30 with 4 megs and 80meg drive...Now a SE seems like
a DOG, but I didnt know that till I had the se/30.  I dont cry and moan when
I use my old 512k 400k drives Mac, nor my old apple II+.  Even a Mac II
seems to be a bit sluggish.  My 286 clone is a real dog, until I get on
an original PC.  Go with the flow.  Maybe a Cray II would suit your needs?

Every computer has its good points, and its bad points.  When you start
to get at the point where its not any fun...Its time to quit.  Sure its
fun to get pissed off and blow a little steam, but I can think of a better
way to spend my time listening to everyone bitch about the GS.

Scott Hutinger   mser001@ecncdc.bitnet

prl3546@tahoma.UUCP (Philip R. Lindberg) (03/14/89)

From article <8903090305.aa28521@SMOKE.BRL.MIL>, by MSER001@ECNCDC.BITNET:
>>Some programs, notably arcade games, *cannot* be written for the //gs
>>because the speed makes it impossible for them to run.
>>
>>  Therefore part of the software market doesn't exist.
>
> Give me a break...It really only depends on how the program is written.
>
> Maybe a Cray II would suit your needs?
>
> ... I can think of a better way to spend my time listening to everyone bitch
> about the GS.
This is really the truth.  Let's forget all the moaning and have fun with
it.  Let's get back to the fun of computing!