[comp.sys.apple] filetype $E0

>Date:         Mon, 13 Mar 89 20:04:05 -0900
>From:         David Oberhart <FFDDO%ALASKA.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU>
>Subject:      Shrink It File Type...
>
>For those of us who care, can we settle on something? I use Davex,
>and it allows me to identify file types with letters.  You know, BAS,
>AWP, BIN, and so forth... I propose that $E0 (Shrink It shrunk files)
>be designated with the letters SRK.

Actually, ShrinkIt does not own the whole filetype.  Only filetype
$E0 with auxtype $8002 are owned by ShrinkIt.  Currently (Davex
1.23), there is no way to assign different 3-letter combinations to
different auxiliary types, so you have to choose something for the
whole filetype.  I use "LBR" for Library file, and I think ACU uses
it, too (ACU owns auxtype $8001).

I think SHK is supposed to be the standard suffix for NuFX files, so
that would make sense for filetype $E0 if you are only dealing with
ShrinkIt and not ACU or other things that generate $E0 files.

Remind me to update the 'what' command one of these days to know
about all the newly-defined filetypes in the File Type Notes.

>David Oberhart
><FFDDO@ALASKA>
>CIS 72047,1004

 --David A. Lyons              bitnet: awcttypa@uiamvs
   DAL Systems                 CompuServe:  72177,3233
   P.O. Box 287                GEnie mail:    D.LYONS2
   North Liberty, IA 52317     AppleLinkPE: Dave Lyons