[comp.sys.apple] DITGS

tsouth@pro-pac.cts.com (System Administrator) (03/15/89)

Re:

> Date: 8 Mar 89 10:02:42 GMT
> From: Jeff Erickson <pnet01!crash!ames.arc.nasa.gov!claris!krazy>
> Subject: Re: Disappointed in the IIgs (was: GS/OS and programming
               standards)

> You and I agree on EVERY point.  Apple isn't doing diddly-squat about
> the IIgs.  In response to your request that I talk to people inside
> Apple now that I'm (almost) inside Apple myself, I have.  I have
> screamed by bloody little head off.  Other people I work with continue
> to scream their bloody little heads off. I have heard Claris's president
> screaming at Apple about the GS.  Yes, Apple engineers have heard the
> complaints, as have Apple Developer Tech Support, Apple management,
> Apple sales reps, Apple executives, and Apple marketing types.

> After two and a half years, I'm tired of yelling.  I'm tired of
> actively supporting what I consider to be essentially a lost cause.
> Lots of people around here haven't given up, and they are still yelling,
> and screaming, and kicking, and bashing heads.

> It doesn't appear to be doing much good.

> ####    -- A very fed up Jeff Erickson

I have one simple question:

                              Why?

Why does Apple think that upgrading the //gs is a minor thing in
comparison to every other project?

Keith Rollin mentioned something about selling 1 million //gs's.
If so, and we multiply that by a conservative figure of $2,000 per
system, we come up with 2 billion is sales.  At least a _major_
portion of those sales were to previous ][ owners.  It is _very_
likely that these people will buy an upgraded machine.

Todd South

--
UUCP: {nosc, uunet!cacilj, sdcsvax, hplabs!hp-sdd, sun.COM}
                        ...!crash!pnet01!pro-nsfmat!pro-pac!tsouth