[comp.sys.apple] ShrinkIt 1.1 apparent bug

nicholaA@moravian.EDU (03/15/89)

Sorry this was reposted to the net, but our mailer couldn't find Terrence
Nelson.

To: Terrence J Nelson +1 312 393 8352 <nesac2!foa@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU>
Subject: Re: Shrinkit V1.1 feedback....
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 89 17:29:21 -0500
From: nicholaA@moravian.edu

>Thought I'd give you some feedback on what I think is a bug in Shrinkit V1.1.
>I am using a IIC with AE Z-Ram Ultra 2 w/ 1meg of ram.  I use RAMUP to
>store and launch my ProDOS programs (AppleWorks, CopyII+, Modem Manager, etc.)
>from ram (Slot 3, Drive 1).
>Everything in Shrinkit v1.1 seems to work ok except for the "format" and
>"erase" functions.  After trying these functions, when I quit shrinkit, I
>get dumped into the monitor:

No, there's no bug in v1.1 -- check the ram disk software you are using.
Alot of the ramdisk software out there (especially anything related to
Applied Engineering) usually uses bank $01 of aux ram, the same bank that
ShrinkIt needs to use.  In essence, as soon as you access the ramdisk, the
ramdisk software blows parts of ShrinkIt away.  I'm working hard with Applied
and Checkmate to try to resolve any incompatibility problems.

While this doesn't help you now, this will: Glen Bredon's RAM.DRV (ram drive)
software included with ProSel will work fine with ShrinkIt and most other
programs you use.  You could use this as an intermediate solution until
I get the memory conflicts resolved.

andy

> ...att!nesac2!foa       |**    Terry Nelson    **|     "All this is
>  GEnie Mail: terry2     |      AT&T Network      |     because of me
> Compu$erve 70701,1561   |    Operations Group    |     and not my
>AT&T Mail : terrynelson  |**  Warrenville, > IL  **|     employer?!?!"

-----
Andy Nicholas                     CsNET: shrinkit@moravian.edu
Box 435, Moravian College      InterNET: shrinkit%moravian.edu@relay.cs.net
Bethlehem, PA  18018                     liberty!batman!shrinkit@sun.com
-----                              UUCP: rutgers!lafcol!lehi3b15!mc70!shrinkit
I have a CD player, send CD's.           rutgers!liberty!batman!shrinkit
I have a IIgs, send a GS+.     ALink PE: shrinkit