[comp.sys.apple] A+/inCider

Kareth writes:
>Ditto here.  I'll wait until I see my A+ come in the mail.  If the
>statement is true, and if it ends up being an InCider-type mag, it's
>out the door. [...]

Whoops!  I should have been more explicit, I guess.  There's no
question that A+ is definitely being bought out by inCider.  I was
only saying that this is by no means "proof that the Apple II's days
are numbered."  Gee, when Creative Computing folded, many people
continued to compute creatively anyway.  It didn't kill the industry.

 --David A. Lyons              bitnet: awcttypa@uiamvs
   DAL Systems                 CompuServe:  72177,3233
   P.O. Box 287                GEnie mail:    D.LYONS2
   North Liberty, IA 52317     AppleLinkPE: Dave Lyons

bsherm@umbio.MIAMI.EDU (Bob Sherman) (03/16/89)

in article <8903140234.aa07960@SMOKE.BRL.MIL>, AWCTTYPA@UIAMVS.BITNET ("David A. Lyons") says:

> Whoops!  I should have been more explicit, I guess.  There's no
> question that A+ is definitely being bought out by inCider.  I was
> only saying that this is by no means "proof that the Apple II's days
> are numbered."  Gee, when Creative Computing folded, many people
> continued to compute creatively anyway.  It didn't kill the industry.

Just for the record, the letter I received from IDG Communications
says the publications have "MERGED". It will be a combined publication
although it will be produced by the Incider staff. The first issue will
appear in June with a circulation in excess of 200,000.

The letter also has a few other intereting facts: "The Apple II family
of products has an installed base of over  4 1/2 million installed units
and sales of Apple II software topped w3$177
$177 million in 1988".

(sorry for what appears to be line noise).
--
  Internet  -- bsherm%umbio@umigw.miami.edu
  UUCP      -- {uunet!gould}!umbio!bsherm